The goal of the workshop is to identify the objectives of a fundraising plan and develop the framework for a fundraising strategy. It is tailored for small to medium-sized organizations that either are looking to launch a fundraising program or undertake fundraising but do not have a formal program currently in place.
Key fundamentals covered include:
1. Defining the objectives of your fundraising program - provides a clear picture of your current financial position and your future funding needs
2. Evaluating organizational capacity - an assessment of your organization’s resources
3. Identifying target markets - categorizing groups who would support your fundraising initiatives
4. Assessing various fundraising options - identifies which initiatives are best fit to meet your funding needs
5. Fundraising best practices - ensures your organization is prepared administratively and in compliance
From the workshop, participants will have the tools to work with their boards and staff to integrate their fundraising program with their strategic plan and begin implementation.
CRA POLICY PRESENTATIONS
Obligations of Registered Charities - The focus of this presentation is to highlight the responsibilities that accompany registered status such as devotion of resources to charitable purposes and activities, the filing of the T3010 Annual Information Return, and maintaining adequate books. It also highlights fee-based charitable programs and allowable business activities, and provides clarity on the social enterprise concept.
Fundraising & Receipting of Gifts - Topics covered in this presentation include Canada Revenue Agency’s Guidance on Fundraising, the reporting of fundraising revenue and expenses, and fundraising best practices. Topics related to receipting include determining what is a gift, required information for receipts, establishing fair market value of in-kind donations, receipting for gifts of service, and receipting best practices.
For more information please contact: David Oyler: email@example.com , (902) 476-4755